LMSC, this year, introduces its first annual Commodore’s Cup sailing tournament. In a format popular with sailing clubs like ours, top sailors from other competitive events throughout the season come together in a single one design regatta for a chance to be “Club Champion” of the year. Two days of one design sailing fun in a regatta requiring no travel is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Tommy Weaver – Sailing Chairman – 735-0011
- Chris Mielke – PHRF Fleet Captain – 208-908-8729
- Ryan Gaskin – Flying Scot Fleet Captain – 865-2777
- Allan Gowans – MC Scow Fleet Captain – 240-4333
- Winners in each of several competitive categories will qualify as a Commodore’s Cup competitor. Categories are numbered 1 through 7. Selection begins with category 1 and continues until there is one competitor from each category.
- A winner in two categories must choose his or her qualifying category, allowing the second place finisher to qualify in the category not selected .
- Selection categories are ordered based on competitive significance of individual events and fleet size.
- Up to 12 competitors may qualify, if boats are available. Once a winner qualifies in each of 7 categories, additional competitors may qualify. Selection begins again with category 1.
For an illustrated explanation of the selection process, here is a humorous but thoroughly detailed reference.
For an opportunity to learn the Flying Scot and to receive performance tips from experienced Flying Scot sailors, contact Ryan Gaskin or Allan Gowans.