LMSC holds its annual Commodore’s Cup sailing tournament this year on October 28th at 1 pm. In a format popular with sailing clubs like ours, winning sailors from other competitive events throughout the season come together in a single one design regatta for a chance to be “Club Champion” of the year. A day of one design sailing fun in a regatta requiring no travel is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Tommy Weaver – Sailing Chairman – 429-6756
- Chris Mielke – PHRF Fleet Captain – 208-908-8729
- Ryan Gaskin – Flying Scot Fleet Captain – 609-6771
- Allan Gowans – MC Scow Fleet Captain – 240-4333
- Winners in each of several competitive categories will qualify as a Commodore’s Cup competitor. Categories are numbered 1 through 7.
- Selection begins with category 1 and continues until there is one competitor from each category.
- A winner in two categories must choose his or her qualifying category, allowing the second place finisher to qualify in the category not chosen.
- Selection categories are ordered based on competitive significance of individual events and fleet size.
- Up to 12 competitors may qualify, if boats are available. Once a competitor qualifies in each of the 7 categories, additional competitors may qualify with a second round of selection beginning in category 1.
For an illustrated explanation of the selection process, here is a humorous but thoroughly detailed reference.
For an opportunity to learn the Flying Scot and to receive performance tips from experienced Flying Scot sailors, contact Ryan Gaskin or Allan Gowans.